Organic Waste Composter - TALLBOY®
Updated: Dec 5, 2022
Organic waste composter system design is a different approach than conventional composting methods.
The well-known pit composting & worm composting is very slow, labour Intensive and space consuming. Adopting such methods for "Bulk Waste Composting" can be very expensive. Rite-ways introduces MVLD vertical digestion technology that does natural composting utilizing very little space. Digestion of organic waste is accelerated using Cellulolytic & Lignolytic strains.
TALLBOY® Organic waste converter uses Bio Bins that digest all the incoming mixed organic waste including coconut shells & bones, without using electricity or external heating. It is completely aerobic and converts food waste to rich manure without any foul odour, flies or pests. TALLBOY OWC takes in green waste daily and converts it to compost daily.
Process of Organic Waste Composter -TALLBOY®
For any organic waste composting system to work as an integral part of a solid waste management program segregation of wet waste source is a must. A household generates 750 gms to 1.25 Kg of kitchen waste per day. This segregated wet waste from all homes in that particular community is bought to the composting location where TALLBOY® OWC is located for composting.
TALLBOY® Organic waste converter speeds the process by providing bacteria and other decomposing microorganisms with an ideal environment. The scraps should be tiny in size to maximize the surface area that microorganisms can feed on. This size reduction can be achieved by verCHEW® pulverisers from riteways. Eventually, all organic matter breaks down.
bacteRITE microbial inoculant is applied to the composting pile through verCHEW pulverizer to accelerate the composting process. Decomposing organisms need four key elements to thrive: nitrogen, carbon, moisture, and oxygen and they consist of bacteria, fungi, and larger organisms such as worms, sowbugs, nematodes, and numerous others. For best results, mix materials high in nitrogen (such as fruit and vegetable scraps, fresh grass clippings, and livestock manure) and those high in carbon (such as dried leaves and twigs). To make best quality compost, Carbon to Nitrogen ratio should at least be 20:1
Organic Waste Converter TALLBOY®: Features & Benefits
Key USP's of Organic Waste Composter TALLBOY®
• Half-day composting
• Easy to operate, unskilled worker
• Carbon negative, Green Technology
• High-quality compost output
• Highly profitable
Frequently asked questions about Organic Waste Converter TALLBOY®
1. How is the availability of parts and maintenance in case of repair?
We maintain enough stock and can be shipped ex-stock within 48 hours.
2. Pulverizing capacity per hour?
verCHEW pulverizers are available in 3 models as bellow:
• 50 Kg/hr verCHEW® 50
• 200 kg/hr verCHEW® 200
• 500 kg/hr verCHEW® 500
3. Can it be used for garden clippings/twigs and non-veg food items?
Yes, ours is the only OWC in the market which can take bones, eggshells, garden clippings, twigs and even coconut shells.
• YouTube Link: https:https://youtu.be/Az87r5-y2Q4
4. What are the external dimensions and material of construction (MOC)?
• Machine: 3ft wide x 4ft long x 4ft height | MOC: Hardened & corrosion resistant Steel
• BioBins: 1m wide x 1.2m long x 1m height | MOC: HDPE, GI & PVC
5. Since the compost in the bio bin is solid food for insects, how is your system designed to keep away cockroaches and rodents during the composting process?
We haven't had any such incident reported to us, also haven't seen cockroach/rodent issue ourselves, whenever we have visited the sites, over the last 5 years and nearly 100+ sites.
There are two reasons why this doesn't happen in our system:
• Because rodents get attracted with putrefying odour, we have taken ample steps to ensure that our composting is completely aerobic without bad smell.
• We use fine SS mesh all around to prevent any such entry into the BioBins.
6. Can the openings in the bio bin for aeration, not lead to stink during the composting process?
It's vice versa. The aeration vents and the internal piping mechanism is designed to allow the breathing of BioBin, that is inhaling happens through aeration vents and exhaling through the central pipe projecting out of the BioBin. This leads to aerobic digestion. There is no foul odour when anything decomposes aerobically. Good composting practise requires about 30 to 40% moisture content. Our BioBins are designed to allow to retain the moisture that's needed, the rest gets drained out.
7. What material is the TALLBOY® BioBin made of? How many years does it typically last?
• MOC: HDPE & SS 304
• Life: ~5 years. Easily repairable, no moving parts.
Primary Applications of Organic Waste Converter TALLBOY®
• Food waste processing units
• Vegetable Markets
• Milk product markets (Doodh Mandi)
• Fish & Meat markets
• Agro farms
• Sewage treatment plants
• Large canteens
• Marriage Halls
• Educational Institutions
• IT/ITES/Business parks
• Shopping Malls
TALLBOY® Organic Waste Composter awarded "Best Organic Converter of the year"
Still, got questions? Get in touch with us in the comments or call us at 90190 34000.
For franchise related queries please fill out the form here: www.riteways.org